Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Today's welcome goes out to...Sierra et al

Today’s warm welcome goes out to Sierra and her AU roommate, Danielle, and their fellow classmate Daniel, also from AU by way of Seattle, as well as their other classmates, with whom I had to pleasure to sit down at the pre-Russian movie dinner at the Russian Embassy tonight. What a delightful and inquisitive group they were.  How lucky I was to be seated with them instead of some stuffy professor-types who would have used the arrangement to launch into some lecture on some obscure topic I probably would have had zero interest in.  As it turns out, it was I who delivered the lecture, I hope to all their enjoyment.  For attentively listening to my stories above the din, each earned a coveted OnTheRoad.Camp patch, if Sierra lets me know where to send them.
 
ED (and Donner, although he was not allowed in)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment