Sunday, October 1, 2017

Today's welcome

Today’s welcome goes out to two lovely young girls with equally beautiful names, Siena and Miam, who, with their parents, saw Donner approaching them on the C&O Canal and could hardly conceal their joy at seeing him. Both were awarded with coveted OnTheRoad.camp patches for their enthusiasm.

 

Also, not long after, Donner and I were greeted by a kindly gentleman named Bob, the guardian of a golden retriever, who had nothing but praise for Donner. Bob, too, was awarded a coveted OnTheRoad.camp patch for his kind words.

 

What is odd about all of the comments people make about Donner is that when I first saw his picture on my Facebook page and wanted to adopt him, I thought to myself, “well, he’s not as handsome as my previous five dogs, but he needs a home.”  Since then, Donner has gotten far more praise from people for his good looks than any of my previous dogs. It just goes to show you how wrong first impressions can be.  Of course, in his kennel photos, Donner was sick, 25 pounds underweight, and depressed and scared. Thank God, I overlooked his superficial beauty, not because I was wrong about it, but because he is so very much more than a handsome dog. I think people see that in him more, too, than his good looks. (I hope they say the same thing about me.)

 

 

ED & Donner

 

No comments:

Post a Comment